Summer Garden 18:020:00 / 18:02
Aedan gives a monthly guided meditation with live harp music. If you would like to be notified of upcoming meditations, join the email list. You will only receive emails about the meditation groups. If you would like to receive emails about her concert, please sign up on the main page as well.
Harp Music & Meditation
The Science of Meditation
• Deep rest-as measured by decreased metabolic rate, lower heart rate, and reduced work load of the heart.
• Lowered levels of cortisol and lactate-two chemicals associated with stress.
• Reduction of free radicals- unstable oxygen molecules that can cause tissue damage. They are now thought to be a major factor in aging and in many diseases.
• Decreased high blood pressure.
• Higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated with higher stress and anxiety levels.
• Drop in cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is associated with cardiovascular disease.
• Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing. This has been very helpful to asthma patients.
• Younger biological age. On standard measures of aging, long-term Transcendental Meditation (TM) practitioners (more than five years) measured 12 years younger than their chronological age.
• Higher levels of DHEAS in the elderly. An additional sign of youthfulness through Transcendental Meditation (TM); lower levels of DHEAS are associated with aging.
• Increased brain wave coherence. Harmony of brain wave activity in different parts of the brain is associated with greater creativity, improved moral reasoning, and higher IQ.
• Decreased anxiety.
• Decreased depression.
• Decreased irritability and moodiness.
• Improved learning ability and memory.
• Increased self-actualization.
• Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
• Increased happiness.
• Increased emotional stability.
The awareness that meditation brings can be a source of personal insight and self-understanding.
“Not only do studies show that meditation boosts the immune system, but brain scans suggest that it may be rewiring the brain to reduce stress… Ten million American adults now say they practice some form of meditation regularly.”
Stein, J. (2003) The Science of Meditation, TIME magazine (cover story), August 4: 48-56.
The University of Massachusetts Medical School’s Center for Mindfulness Stress Reduction Program’s medical outcomes from 15,000 patients’ participation since 1979 have shown a 35% reduction in the number of medical symptoms and a 40% reduction in psychological symptoms.
Source: University of Massachusetts Medical School’s Center for Mindfulness Stress Reduction Program, under the direction of Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn (Kabat-Zinn 1982, 1985, 1986, 1992, 1998, Miller 1995, etc.)
Guided Harp Meditations
The vibrational energy of live harp music, combined with a guided meditation, deepens and strengthens the connection to spirit. The music itself is specifically designed to assist in relaxation, stress reduction, emotional release and raising your vibration.
From the House of Intuition, Los Angeles - a special thank you: "... the beauty of your Harp Meditation cannot be put into words. Those who had the pleasure of attending walked out of your session with a glow that radiated through their being. Amazing work and it's our pleasure to have you back again this month."